Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes difficulty uploading to phone

So I have a lot of music saved to both an iPod Classic and an external storage device (none of it saved to my MacBook Pro) and I would like to upload all of this music to my iPhone X without having to save it to my MacBook storage. So I'm wondering if its possible to copy all the files from the external storage to my phone and have all the music appear in my music app.

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 12:32 PM

No, content has to be added to iTunes, or Music if you've upgraded to Catalina, after which it can then be synced to your device. See Use multiple libraries in Music on Mac - Apple Support to create a library on your external drive into which you can import your media without copying it into your Macbook.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2019 12:32 PM in response to Matthewguidry

No, content has to be added to iTunes, or Music if you've upgraded to Catalina, after which it can then be synced to your device. See Use multiple libraries in Music on Mac - Apple Support to create a library on your external drive into which you can import your media without copying it into your Macbook.

tt2

Itunes difficulty uploading to phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.