Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Synchronisation of Movies to an iPhone from iTunes - How to delete unwanted movies from the list ?

When you open iTunes, have your iPhone connected, have selected the iPhone logo at the top, and in the left column have selected Settings and thereunder selected Movies, you then get a list with pictures of all the to be synchronised Movies. You in that list can tag all the movies you wish to synchronise and untag all the movies you do not wish to synchronise. I have in this list many unwanted, untagged movies.

How can I delete all those Movies from this list ? Where in the computer is the master list of this specific iTunes tag and untag Movies list ? So where you can delete the old movies you do not wish any more in this specific list ? Thanks, Jaap

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 2:29 AM

7 replies

Nov 17, 2019 6:59 AM in response to Jaap Bruynzeel

1. To make it so that a particular movie doesn't appear in either of those lists you would need to remove from the library completely, using the Movies section of your iTunes library. In Catalina it would be the TV app. When removing duplicates check to see if there are duplicate files in the folder, or simply duplicate entries in the library. You can right/ctrl click to reveal in Finder. If there physical copies remove all but one from the library and trash the deleted items. If there is only one file don't send to the trash.
  2. A full blue circle indicates an unwatched movie, a half-circle a partially watched movie, and no circle a watched movie.
  3. The first image is your synchronisation settings where you choose what will be synced to the device when you sync. The second image shows what is currently on the device. Anything currently on the device but not selected to sync would be removed by syncing. Purchases on the device but not in the library may be transferred. Syncing may remove items from the device if there is no corresponding item in the library. The exact behaviour depends on a number of factors. It may be best to unsync all video content before cleaning up the library of duplicates and unwanted items, then sync back just what you want after cleaning up.
  4. Catalina moves management of video content apart from music videos and podcasts into the new TV app, and syncing duties are transferred into Finder. Your screenshots are from iTunes. See What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support.

tt2

Nov 17, 2019 5:55 AM in response to turingtest2

TT2, I still have a question :

When my iPhone is coupled by cable to iTunes on my iMac I can generate two (Movies) lists :

• one under Settings - Movies
  • one under My device - Movies

Both as attached lists include unwanted movies, duplicates, etc. which I like to clean-up and put in order. But :

1./ How can I fully delete movies from each of those lists ? So not just by untagging them each.

2./ What in the second list the blue circles and blue half full circles mean ? I don't understand their meaning.

3./ Where has Apple a full explanation of those two lists ? Or : Where has Apple a full guide or instruction leaflet how to work with those two lists ?

4./ Did anything change re the above between High Sierra and Catalina ?

Thanks a lot for your valuable time. Best regards, Jaap

Synchronisation of Movies to an iPhone from iTunes - How to delete unwanted movies from the list ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.