Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Signing out from iCloud for Windows

If I turn off iCloud for Windows (signing out) will iCloud Folder and all its content disappear from my HD?

What happens if from my iPhone/Other iCloud devices > Settings > Apple ID > "My PC with iCloud for Windows" i select "Remove from account"?

Does this procedure delete iCloud Folder on my PC?

Thank you for your help,

ep

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2019 5:58 PM

Hello edopre.

If you turn off iCloud on your PC the files will remain on your PC but will no longer be updated. If you uninstall iCloud for Windows the iCloud folder will be deleted. If you want to uninstall iCloud for Windows but keep your folders you'll need to make copies before you uninstall.

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2019 5:58 PM in response to edopre

Hello edopre.

If you turn off iCloud on your PC the files will remain on your PC but will no longer be updated. If you uninstall iCloud for Windows the iCloud folder will be deleted. If you want to uninstall iCloud for Windows but keep your folders you'll need to make copies before you uninstall.

Cheers.

Nov 16, 2019 2:18 PM in response to edopre

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, edopre.

If I understand your post correctly, you have questions about turning off iCloud for Windows. I’d like to help.

Follow the steps in this article:

Turn off or uninstall iCloud for Windows

If you turn off a service in iCloud for Windows, your information won't automatically stay up to date in iCloud, and you won't see updates made on your other devices. Follow these steps to turn off a service or iCloud:
To turn off a service on your PC, Open iCloud for Windows, then select or deselect that service. To save your changes, click Apply. 
To turn off iCloud for Windows, open iCloud for Windows, then sign out. 
If you want to uninstall iCloud for Windows, remember to make a copy of your iCloud data and save it on your PC. Then sign out of iCloud for Windows on your PC, and follow these steps:
Windows 8 or later:
Go to the Start screen, right-click in the bottom-left corner or click, then select Control Panel.
Click Uninstall a Program.
Click iCloud > Uninstall.
When asked to confirm, select Yes.
Windows 7:
Choose Start menu > Control Panel.
Click Programs > Program and Features.
Select iCloud > Uninstall.
Click OK to continue.

See the full article here:

Set up and use iCloud for Windows

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you. 

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Nov 16, 2019 2:40 PM in response to sterling r

Thank you @sterling r.

I found the article on the KN but unfortunately not doesn’t answer my question.

What I’d like to understand is under which circumstances the iCloud folder and all it’s content will be removed from my PC.

Does signing out, a part from not keeping up to date the iCloud folder, delete it? (I presume the answer is no)

Does removing the account from one specific device (from the PC for example) operating from another device remove the folder and the content from that same PC?

I would prefer to know the answer before testing (my iCloud folder is quite heavy).

Signing out from iCloud for Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.