Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud sign out - will it delete files that aren't synced to iCloud?

Hey,

I'm hoping someone can help me out.

Just bought a new Macbook Air and I want to transfer some stuff from my old (work) macbook but not all the work stuff. I think I've done most of it and now I want to sign out of iCloud on the work macbook. I've set the work files to not sync to iCloud, so that they're no longer there and taking up space. So I want them all to remain on the old macbook.

If I sign out will they stay?

Many thanks

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 1:49 PM

Welcome to the Apple community.

Before actually signing out of iCloud on your old computer, I would be inclined to disable each service (i.e. contacts, calendars, iCloud Drive et cetera) and on each occasion make the appropriate option to either keep or delete the data related to that service.

Having completed this you can then safely sign out of iCloud.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2020 1:49 PM in response to wakey182

Welcome to the Apple community.

Before actually signing out of iCloud on your old computer, I would be inclined to disable each service (i.e. contacts, calendars, iCloud Drive et cetera) and on each occasion make the appropriate option to either keep or delete the data related to that service.

Having completed this you can then safely sign out of iCloud.

iCloud sign out - will it delete files that aren't synced to iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.