Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers for iMac

What is the difference between Numbers and Numbers in iCloud? Can a Windows user access Numbers, or should I send it in to everyone in Excel? Will I will not be able to track who makes changes if I send in Excel?

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 6:50 PM

you can share a Numbers document. Create the document, then save the document. Then click the collaborate button. You may be prompted to move the document to iCloud, allow the document to be moved. Then add emails addresses to share the document

3 replies

Nov 13, 2019 7:39 PM in response to rodee34

Hi rodee34,

Numbers in iCloud has been a great way for me to share spreadsheets with others. On my side, I have edited the document on my Mac and saved it in iCloud. This has allowed me to use the full features of Numbers on the Mac and not just the more limited features online. Anyone with a browser can work on the spreadsheet. Everyone can see what the others are doing in realtime.

You can check it out yourself before you even offer to share. After saving it to iCloud, go to iCloud in your browser and see what it would be like for your team. See if your collaborators find it convenient.

Since Numbers and Excel are not clones of each other, translating spreadsheets back and forth could become a problem. There are ways of working in the seperate programs that just don't translate. If you all have Excel that may be what you want to work in. If this is your baby and others will be entering data or simply referring to it then I would be sticking with Numbers.

quinn

Numbers for iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.