Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Number is not saving my writings...

I share a number table with my brother. He does write so many things every day. He uses number throughout the internet safari... then I open this shared table on my Mac Air and I get all the information written there... however, today all the things he wrote got lost when I did sync numbers........

how can we get all the info that was written there today ?

11/6/2022

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 5:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 2:26 AM

Hi,

I assume that you have / your brother are using shared folder or shared files, is this correct?

Please review these instructions.

About collaboration for Pages, Numbers, and Keynote - Apple Support

Based on my experience you have to wait after your login before you open the file, system will need time to communicate with iCloud to check if / what has changed on the different files.

I would also recommend that you always check if somebody will currently work on the file, it is not good if two people work at the same file at the same time, that can create data conflicts.

All users must also have a reliable internet connection, only then the updates will be uploaded to the iCloud / downloaded to your computer.

Ralf

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2022 2:26 AM in response to fbarrichello

Hi,

I assume that you have / your brother are using shared folder or shared files, is this correct?

Please review these instructions.

About collaboration for Pages, Numbers, and Keynote - Apple Support

Based on my experience you have to wait after your login before you open the file, system will need time to communicate with iCloud to check if / what has changed on the different files.

I would also recommend that you always check if somebody will currently work on the file, it is not good if two people work at the same file at the same time, that can create data conflicts.

All users must also have a reliable internet connection, only then the updates will be uploaded to the iCloud / downloaded to your computer.

Ralf

Number is not saving my writings...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.