Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

font and paragraph bigger from Word to Mail

Hi everyone,

When i copy past text from Word (office for Mac) to a new message in Mail, I loose the font and the paragraph size. It's definitely bigger and paragraph space are larger which is not very nice. I don't know how to keep the same presentation in order to keep my email with a compact text.

Thank you in advance for your help

Frederic

MacBook, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 7:56 PM

Hi Frederic,

While this is maybe more of a Mail or Word question, I do have a solution that may work for you.

I suspect that you are sending your mail in a Rich Text format. Try sending in Plain Text. You can make this choice in the Preferences pane in the Composing tab. This will constrain your pasted text to the choices made in the Fonts and Colors tab.

It is easy to convert an email to rich text if you need to.

quinn

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2019 7:56 PM in response to Mattkio

Hi Frederic,

While this is maybe more of a Mail or Word question, I do have a solution that may work for you.

I suspect that you are sending your mail in a Rich Text format. Try sending in Plain Text. You can make this choice in the Preferences pane in the Composing tab. This will constrain your pasted text to the choices made in the Fonts and Colors tab.

It is easy to convert an email to rich text if you need to.

quinn

font and paragraph bigger from Word to Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.