Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use the new TV App to stream to an Apple TV device?

I am pretty sure you can do this with an iPhone so it seems like it would also work with the new TV app?

MacBook

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 8:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2019 7:46 AM

Hi pik80,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are using the Apple TV app on your Mac, and would like to know if you could stream it from your Mac to your Apple TV device. I am happy to help.

You should find an AirPlay option from the Apple TV app on your Mac, where you can stream content via AirPlay. Check out the resources below for more guidance and details.

Apple TV app - Devices - Apple.

Stream content using AirPlay with Apple TV - Apple Support.

How to AirPlay video and mirror your device's screen - Apple Support.

Thank you for your post!

Regards.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2019 7:46 AM in response to pik80

Hi pik80,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are using the Apple TV app on your Mac, and would like to know if you could stream it from your Mac to your Apple TV device. I am happy to help.

You should find an AirPlay option from the Apple TV app on your Mac, where you can stream content via AirPlay. Check out the resources below for more guidance and details.

Apple TV app - Devices - Apple.

Stream content using AirPlay with Apple TV - Apple Support.

How to AirPlay video and mirror your device's screen - Apple Support.

Thank you for your post!

Regards.

Nov 19, 2019 5:50 PM in response to pik80

pik80,

Thanks for your acknowledgement of the steps I've provided. if you have any issues trying that out on your MacBook and Apple TV, just reach out with details on what's going on.

For your follow up question, checking out the 'Send a gift' section in this article: Send a gift from the App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Books, and more - Apple Support, you can no longer gift apps, TV shows, or movies on Mac. You would need to use an iOS device and you can send gifts from the App Store, iTunes Store or Books app only.

Best regards.

Can I use the new TV App to stream to an Apple TV device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.