Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes content transfer problem

Hi, can anyone advise how, without buying a new cable, I transfer purchases and other files from my Windows iTunes account to my new iPad Pro which came with a USB-C to lightning cable and my laptop does not have a USB-C port?

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 10:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2019 9:47 AM

Hi RobInFinland,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are looking for a way to sync content from iTunes for Windows with your new iPad Pro. I can help.

To connect your new iPad Pro to your Windows PC, read more about the cable required to connect here: Charge and connect with the USB-C port on the new iPad Pro - Apple Support. I know you mentioned you're looking for a way to transfer content other than using a cable, however.

You could use Wi-Fi to sync your content, however, you would need to set up syncing with iTunes using USB first: Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support.

When it comes to downloading your previously purchased content, you can do this by following the steps here to redownload content using the "Not on this [device]" option: Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books - Apple Support.

If you have more specific questions that are not addressed in the above articles, feel free to reply back.

Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2019 9:47 AM in response to RobInFinland

Hi RobInFinland,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are looking for a way to sync content from iTunes for Windows with your new iPad Pro. I can help.

To connect your new iPad Pro to your Windows PC, read more about the cable required to connect here: Charge and connect with the USB-C port on the new iPad Pro - Apple Support. I know you mentioned you're looking for a way to transfer content other than using a cable, however.

You could use Wi-Fi to sync your content, however, you would need to set up syncing with iTunes using USB first: Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support.

When it comes to downloading your previously purchased content, you can do this by following the steps here to redownload content using the "Not on this [device]" option: Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books - Apple Support.

If you have more specific questions that are not addressed in the above articles, feel free to reply back.

Regards.

iTunes content transfer problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.