Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Replay is not working for me. I literally listen to music all day everyday, yet when I try to do the Apple Replay feature it says, “I have not listened to enough music to generate a playlist.” I have had Apple Music since 2016.

Why do I keep getting this message? I listen to music probably 6 hours a day for the last several years, yet I get this message. I don’t understand?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 5:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 5:52 PM

I have the exact same problem and have contacted support but so far nothing has helped. The only reason I can think is, I went into my settings under music and it says I have " Use Listening history" off so Im starting to think that maybe that setting made it not keep record of my listening which stinks because if I knew this feature was coming I would have made sure it was on, because I have no idea why it was off in the first place.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2019 5:52 PM in response to Tmaines

I have the exact same problem and have contacted support but so far nothing has helped. The only reason I can think is, I went into my settings under music and it says I have " Use Listening history" off so Im starting to think that maybe that setting made it not keep record of my listening which stinks because if I knew this feature was coming I would have made sure it was on, because I have no idea why it was off in the first place.

Nov 15, 2019 9:31 AM in response to Tmaines

I have a few issues with this:

1. I do not think it counts streams, it seems to only count the songs that I have "downloaded".
  2. I don't like how it is taking me out of the app and making me listen to it on my web browser.

It's a good idea that they are trying to mimic Spotify because it's an awesome feature to look back at. They just need to work out the kinks.

Dec 16, 2019 7:46 PM in response to Tmaines

It’s definitely not accurate. It’s clearly not tracking plays from my playlists, as I have compiled a mega playlist with all of my favorites (1500+ songs). I also have a few albums “downloaded” to my phone through Apple Music and only songs from those albums show up on the replay, nothing from my custom playlist, and I listen to that for hours a day, every day. Disappointed.

Apple Music Replay is not working for me. I literally listen to music all day everyday, yet when I try to do the Apple Replay feature it says, “I have not listened to enough music to generate a playlist.” I have had Apple Music since 2016.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.