Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to update Apps in App Store on iOS and macOS

I'd like to bump this [locked] thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250574804

I was one of those affected by this issue at that time. Now it started to happen again for all my devices (iOS 12.4, macOS 10.13, macOS 10.14) with the same symptoms (e.g. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250574804?answerId=251131971022#251131971022).

I wonder how many people are having this problem at the moment.

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 5:37 AM

4 replies

Nov 14, 2019 6:52 PM in response to Eric Root

I would probably try to engage with iTunes Support if this was the first time I've seen this issue (or if it was specific to my account only – which I'm almost positive it isn't). It seems to affect only a small number of users, apparently not enough to cause mass complaints or get any media coverage. I had a hard time finding any relevant information about this problem when I first encountered it a couple of months ago. It is also something that seems to get broken and than get silently fixed a few days later on Apple's side.

So my strategy for now is to try and wait it out. I don't have enough patience to jump through all the standard Apple Support hoops (signing out and in, restarting and hard resetting my devices, setting them up as new ones, etc.) just to confirm that it doesn't help. There is still a workaround if I really need to update some app – just delete or offload it first and then download the latest version from the App Store. It works this way, but regular "update" buttons don't.

Anyway, thank you for the suggestions.

Unable to update Apps in App Store on iOS and macOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.