Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an older iMac (2009) and wonder if I purchase a Mac Mini can I connect it to use the IMac display, as it is a nice 24 inch display?

I have an older iMac (2009) and wonder if I purchase a Mac Mini can I connect it to use the IMac display, as it is a nice 24 inch display?

Thanks

Larry, Michigan

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 6:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 10:28 AM

Yes, one of the reasons I decided to stop buying iMacs and start buying minis. I have 2 iMacs I haven't been able to sell - they have incredibly nice displays but are too old to trust on the Internet for people who aren't savvy. (They are old enough they aren't receiving security updates and the browsers that run on them aren't either.) When I retire the mini I'll be able to use the display with the new one.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2019 10:28 AM in response to Lhermen

Yes, one of the reasons I decided to stop buying iMacs and start buying minis. I have 2 iMacs I haven't been able to sell - they have incredibly nice displays but are too old to trust on the Internet for people who aren't savvy. (They are old enough they aren't receiving security updates and the browsers that run on them aren't either.) When I retire the mini I'll be able to use the display with the new one.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.