Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How 13 inch MBP can cost more than a new 16 inch with the same specs?

So here's the "old" 13" MBP with i7, 16 gigs of RAM and 512 storage: https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro/13-inch-space-gray-256gb-2.4ghz-quad-core-processor-with-turbo-boost-up-to-4.1ghz#

It costs somehow 100$ dollars more than a new 16" MBP with default specs. Even thought 16" has:

• better i7 processor
    • far more powerful GPU
    • faster DDR4 RAM
    • bigger screen with smaller bezels
    • better audio and mic
    • better and what's most important reliable new (old?) keyboard
    • new better cooling system
    • bigger battery

With all these pros it's cheaper and the only one con is that it is less portable. But still it's cheaper for a 100$. Which is very strange price behaviour on Apple's side.

As the part of a thought on this matter: it's a bit of a disappointment that the new 16" MBP goes with a quite nice 512Gb storage and 13" MBP are going with only 128Gb, which is a default by now for some Android smartphones..

I think that the issue here is the price for the storage for 13" MBPs, which goes beyond standard measures:

• For 16" to go from 512Gb to 1Tb you pay 200$ (basically for 512Gb).
    • For 13" to go from 128Gb to 256Gb you pay the same 200$ (basically for 128Gb).

Which is kind of unfair and strange at the same time, it seems like users who choose smaller devices has less choice now, since 16" is far better for its price point.

What are your thoughts?

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 12:12 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Nov 14, 2019 12:31 PM in response to leroydouglas

I'll be fair that 13" is a better choice for me, but I'm afraid that there will be issues with butterfly keyboard. Also bigger storage options for 13" seem to take an unfair toll on my wallet, so I'm a little bit stuck between what I want and what will be better because of a few factors

Still, you do have a point, it actually helped me clarify something for myself.

Nov 14, 2019 12:33 PM in response to bohdan_kuprenkov

Computers will always be faster, better and cheaper if you wait.

If the price offered displeases you, keep waiting.

For most Users, they will eventually need to actually buy a computer, and will have to "hold their nose and vote" for the one that best meets their needs at that moment. And at that moment, the one you bought will immediately be seen to be obsolete.

How 13 inch MBP can cost more than a new 16 inch with the same specs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.