Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound clip inside a FCPX transition

First of all, apologies for what may be a trivial question. I'm obviously a noob when it comes to FCPX and Motion. However I have create a somewhat lengthy (4 seconds) transition in motion app. In that transition I added a few audio clips (simple sound effects). What I play it in Motion, the transition plays perfectly including the audio files. However, when I use that same transition in FCPX, the video transitions perfectly, however the added audio clips are not being played. Now my question is this, why is my audio not playing in FCPX? Have I done something wrong, or can FCPX even support audio inside the transition object?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Radek

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 4:48 PM

It's just the way FCPX is (and has always been) with any kind of Motion template. There are too many options that make it relatively impossible for FCPX to know exactly how to place the audio. You'll have to do that manually. Motion, however, places your audio inside the Template's Media folder. That's the location from which you should import your audio (it won't get lost ;) )

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2019 4:48 PM in response to radekzak

It's just the way FCPX is (and has always been) with any kind of Motion template. There are too many options that make it relatively impossible for FCPX to know exactly how to place the audio. You'll have to do that manually. Motion, however, places your audio inside the Template's Media folder. That's the location from which you should import your audio (it won't get lost ;) )

Sound clip inside a FCPX transition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.