Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless ear buds won't stay connected only to my iphone 6s

I just purchased a set of wireless ear buds , they pair and connect great with my 2 month old iphone 6s. But as soon as I go to my music app or any app with sound and promp it to play the connection is lost . It always resets and reconnects but as soon as "play" is prompted it cuts out again , this happens over and over again. I have also prompted the phone to "forget this device" and started over but it does the same thing again. I have just updated the phone to the latest software version 13.2.2 and the problem still persists . My bluetooth works fine on the phone with other devices ( car , other set of earbuds previous to the new ones etc.) so I know it works . The earbuds also work fine with all other devices that I've tried them on , Gen7 ipad , macbookpro , other friends iphones and android phones. It's just a compatibility issue with my iphone 6s and the new earbuds , I'm stumped .

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 5:16 PM

9 replies

Nov 14, 2019 5:34 PM in response to coolcuda

The earbuds may not be able to keep too many devices in memory, and would need to be reset to pair well with the iPhone. Also, are you near any of the other devices you have paired them with when you are attempting to pair with the phone? Sometimes that can cause interference as they attempt to connect to more than one device. You will probably need to check the documentation that came with the earbuds to see instructions on how to reset them.

Nov 14, 2019 5:47 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I'll check that in the instructions for the earbuds to see if I'm missing something , I have done a simple reset with the buds . The weird thing is though , they will connect with anything else instantly when prompted and work great , even with other devices in the same room , including my phone . I have shut the Bluetooth off on other devices with only my phone turned on to accept them , it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Nov 16, 2019 2:47 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Ok , just an update on my bluetooth connectivity issue , I've tried holding the iphone really close to my wireless earbuds and it stays connected . It appears to be an iphone signal strength issue because my connection with other devices in my home also cuts out and reconnects . I have a remote "UE Roll" brand speaker , stereo bluetooth adapter for my sound system that also cuts out and disconnects every time I move the phone away more than about 6 to 12 inches away . In my car the phone sits in a holder about 6 inches from my car stereo , so in this case it stays connected . As mentioned in an earlier post the earbuds work fine from other sources like ipad , my wife's iphone etc. other devices in my home that work with bluetooth also work fine the ipad and wife's phone , so it's definitely my phone that has the problem.

Wireless ear buds won't stay connected only to my iphone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.