Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 problems with Bluetooth 5.0

About a year ago, I bought a pair of bluetooth 5.0 earphones, and I attempted to pair them to my iPhone, though the result was the earphones disconnecting almost immediately, and any effort to re-connect them would result in no sound coming from the earphones. Its not a problem with the earphones as they work with my PC laptop, but a similar problem occurs when I pair my earphones to my iPad - so its an iOS problem. They're all fully updated, there's no other problems with them, its just the connection between them and my bluetooth earphones.

Any advice would be appreciated.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 5:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 1:10 PM

Have you tried the tutorial to solve it below? If not, please try it first.

here are the guidelines from my experience to solved our problems:

Reboot your iPhone 8 Plus (soft reset):

1. Press and hold the Side button or Power button for a few seconds.
  2. When you see the Slide to Power off screen, drag the slider to power off your iPhone completely.
  3. After 30 seconds, press the Side button or Power button again until the Apple logo appears.
  4. Wait until your iPhone boots up completely then try to use Bluetooth again.

Turn Pairing mode on your other Bluetooth device off and on:

Should there be any software glitch that is preventing the other Bluetooth device from establishing a secure connection with your iPhone, turning the pairing mode off and then back on might be able to fix it. If you haven’t done it yet, then here’s how:

• Locate the switch button (Bluetooth button) on your other Bluetooth device. Every Bluetooth device must have a switch for you to be able to easily activate pairing mode on or off.
  • Press and hold that switch or button for a few seconds to take it out of pairing mode.
  • Wait for about 30 seconds then press that switch or button again to put it back into pairing mode.

After you do the above steps, try to connect it to your device.

Forget the Bluetooth device:

Just like when you forget wireless networks on your device, forgetting the Bluetooth device on your iPhone 8 Plus can also solve any problem tied to Bluetooth connectivity.

When you forget a Bluetooth device, all previous history of Bluetooth activities will be erased along with the Bluetooth device registered on your iPhone.

So the next time you’ll add them, it will be like they are connecting for the first time. Here’s how to forget a Bluetooth device on your iPhone 8 Plus:

1. Tap Settings from the Home screen.
  2. Tap Bluetooth.
  3. Tap the information (i) icon next to the Bluetooth device you want to forget.
  4. Tap the option to Forget This Device.
  5. If prompted, tap Forget Device to confirm action.
  6. If the selected device no longer appears under My Devices in Settings-> Bluetooth menu, then that denotes the device has been removed or forgotten.

Reboot your iPhone 8 Plus and your Bluetooth device then try to pair and connect them again.

• If you are trying to connect your iPhone to your car Bluetooth, go to your iPhone Settings-> Bluetooth-> Other Devices-> then look for the name of your car. If you find it, tap on it to pair it with your iPhone 8 Plus.

After your car Bluetooth pairs with your iPhone, it will show under My Devices and with a label that says Connected.

If that won’t work, then it’s time to find remedy from software resets.

Please try the tutorial above one by one, good luck bro!

Thanks

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2020 1:10 PM in response to ChildishAlbino

Have you tried the tutorial to solve it below? If not, please try it first.

here are the guidelines from my experience to solved our problems:

Reboot your iPhone 8 Plus (soft reset):

1. Press and hold the Side button or Power button for a few seconds.
  2. When you see the Slide to Power off screen, drag the slider to power off your iPhone completely.
  3. After 30 seconds, press the Side button or Power button again until the Apple logo appears.
  4. Wait until your iPhone boots up completely then try to use Bluetooth again.

Turn Pairing mode on your other Bluetooth device off and on:

Should there be any software glitch that is preventing the other Bluetooth device from establishing a secure connection with your iPhone, turning the pairing mode off and then back on might be able to fix it. If you haven’t done it yet, then here’s how:

• Locate the switch button (Bluetooth button) on your other Bluetooth device. Every Bluetooth device must have a switch for you to be able to easily activate pairing mode on or off.
  • Press and hold that switch or button for a few seconds to take it out of pairing mode.
  • Wait for about 30 seconds then press that switch or button again to put it back into pairing mode.

After you do the above steps, try to connect it to your device.

Forget the Bluetooth device:

Just like when you forget wireless networks on your device, forgetting the Bluetooth device on your iPhone 8 Plus can also solve any problem tied to Bluetooth connectivity.

When you forget a Bluetooth device, all previous history of Bluetooth activities will be erased along with the Bluetooth device registered on your iPhone.

So the next time you’ll add them, it will be like they are connecting for the first time. Here’s how to forget a Bluetooth device on your iPhone 8 Plus:

1. Tap Settings from the Home screen.
  2. Tap Bluetooth.
  3. Tap the information (i) icon next to the Bluetooth device you want to forget.
  4. Tap the option to Forget This Device.
  5. If prompted, tap Forget Device to confirm action.
  6. If the selected device no longer appears under My Devices in Settings-> Bluetooth menu, then that denotes the device has been removed or forgotten.

Reboot your iPhone 8 Plus and your Bluetooth device then try to pair and connect them again.

• If you are trying to connect your iPhone to your car Bluetooth, go to your iPhone Settings-> Bluetooth-> Other Devices-> then look for the name of your car. If you find it, tap on it to pair it with your iPhone 8 Plus.

After your car Bluetooth pairs with your iPhone, it will show under My Devices and with a label that says Connected.

If that won’t work, then it’s time to find remedy from software resets.

Please try the tutorial above one by one, good luck bro!

Thanks

[Link Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 8 problems with Bluetooth 5.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.