Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch won’t play music through Bluetooth

Apple Music is on iPhone and selected my playlist, but it does not show up on the status bar that it has synced in the MyWatch Tab, and all it says is “Updated a few minutes ago” this is an Apple Watch Series 3 and iPhone 6s. Done all the steps.

apple watch is on charger and have selected my desire playlists. Nothing shows that it has synced properly. When going into Music on the Watch itself I can only see the music on iphone. When hitting Apple Watch it says there is no music. I can get it to play but it plays on iPhone instead of the Bluetooth. What am I missing? I’ve restarted iPhone and Apple Watch, disconnected Bluetooth, EVERYTHING.

thank you.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 9:19 AM

Hey Sydndelor,

I understand you're running into issues playing music on your Apple Watch. I'll be happy to help out.

Make sure these are the steps you followed to sync music to the Apple Watch: Listen to music, podcasts, and audiobooks on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Is the Apple Watch connected to a speaker or headphones? It is expected behavior to require Bluetooth headphones or speakers to listen to music, as it will not come out of the Apple Watch speaker. If the Apple Watch is connected to speakers or headphones, does other audio play without an issue?

Keep us updated. Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2019 9:19 AM in response to Sydndelor

Hey Sydndelor,

I understand you're running into issues playing music on your Apple Watch. I'll be happy to help out.

Make sure these are the steps you followed to sync music to the Apple Watch: Listen to music, podcasts, and audiobooks on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Is the Apple Watch connected to a speaker or headphones? It is expected behavior to require Bluetooth headphones or speakers to listen to music, as it will not come out of the Apple Watch speaker. If the Apple Watch is connected to speakers or headphones, does other audio play without an issue?

Keep us updated. Cheers!

Apple Watch won’t play music through Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.