Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playing music on my Apple Watch

First, this can be done, right? Apple Watch has a speaker and it looks like it will play music, but I’ve never done it before. If I play music on my iPhone, I can control it using the watch. I can pause, play, fast forward etc. What I want to do is actually play music on the watch, so the sound comes out of the speaker in the watch on my wrist. When I hit play on a song that I have accessed by opening the music app on the watch, it displays this: “Connect a Device. to play audio, connect Bluetooth headphones to your Apple watch. The watch is synced to my iPhone, and I can see it displayed in the Bluetooth section of my iPhone settings, so I know it’s connected. I would appreciate any help that anyone can give me. Thank you

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 1:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 1:32 AM

You can't use the watch's speaker to play music,it has to be through either a bluetooth speaker or bluetooth headphones.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2021 1:32 AM in response to Yesacarch

You can't use the watch's speaker to play music,it has to be through either a bluetooth speaker or bluetooth headphones.

Playing music on my Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.