Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keeping Dark Mode on permanently

I know how to switch on Dark Mode in System preferences, but when I switch off my MacBook it reverts to light mode. Every time I switch on my MacBook I have to go to System Preferences to switch on Dark Mode. How can I make it stay on permanently?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 2:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 6:56 AM

Press the power button and immediately press and hold the Shift key, until the Apple logo appears on screen.

You will know you are in Safe Mode by seeing "Safe Boot" in red letters at the top right of your screen.

Safe Mode is slooooow. That is normal. The purpose is to clear system caches and to boot loading only the essential software. This will bypass third party software (system extensions, login items) that may be interfering with normal operations.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2019 6:56 AM in response to Speedbird Concorde 001

Press the power button and immediately press and hold the Shift key, until the Apple logo appears on screen.

You will know you are in Safe Mode by seeing "Safe Boot" in red letters at the top right of your screen.

Safe Mode is slooooow. That is normal. The purpose is to clear system caches and to boot loading only the essential software. This will bypass third party software (system extensions, login items) that may be interfering with normal operations.

Keeping Dark Mode on permanently

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.