Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to completely reset Safari

Hello,

I've got a weird issue with my Safari version 12.1.2 on OS 10.12.6 Sierra. One of my online accounts has been corrupted and it is an issue with a file somewhere in my User account. I've reset Safari by emptying the cache and removing all website stored data through Preferences and this has not helped. I have also deleted the entire Safari folder in my User library and this has not solved the issue.

But if I log into a backup account I have on my MBP then things work fine. So clearly it's an issue just somewhere in the User files but somewhere other than the Safari folder in the User library.

Can someone tell me how to reset Safari so it truly gets restored back to a pristine state? Unfortunately I can't just switch users permanently.

Please help!

MacBook Pro 15", OS X 10.11

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 5:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 6:11 AM

Welp, finally figured it out right after I posted (naturally). It was an issue with the 'certificate' the website needs. I deleted the certificate in keychain access and things seem to have worked out.

Similar questions

1 reply

Need to completely reset Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.