Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari problem on Macbook Pro

My Safari has the following problem. When I enter contents or website names in the address bar, most of the time the page contents will take a while to show up (maybe 5 sec). I did not know when this starts (pretty sure its not when I updated to Monterey version 12.1) or Apple enforced some cookie policy. I cleaned history file, cookies, etc but the problem still exists. Is it a good idea to restore the Safari app from my time machine backup? and how to do it. Any help would be appreciated!

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 2:18 PM

Safari is an integral part of the OS; you don't just install a later version. Sometimes Safari does take a few seconds to open and sometimes its security prevents sites from opening at all. The fix there is for the site to conform with Apple's security needs.

What is you OS version now? If you want the latest version of Safari, you need to be on Monterey 12.4.

You can always use an alternate browser, Firefox is my choice after Safari.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2022 2:18 PM in response to Cfpbfedocc

Safari is an integral part of the OS; you don't just install a later version. Sometimes Safari does take a few seconds to open and sometimes its security prevents sites from opening at all. The fix there is for the site to conform with Apple's security needs.

What is you OS version now? If you want the latest version of Safari, you need to be on Monterey 12.4.

You can always use an alternate browser, Firefox is my choice after Safari.

Safari problem on Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.