Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch does not unlock Mac

It was working...now it does not work. Mac says it is unlocking, Gear Spins on Login as if it is unlocking and then the normal password prompt shows up. This might have started with the most recent Apple Watch OS update 6.1.

Have tried all the fixes suggested by Apple. I've now spent far more time trying to fix this than it will ever save me. Thanks, Apple for a great (NOT) feature.

Mac mini. Most recent version of Catalina, 10.15.1. Apple Watch Series 5. All up to date and zilch for satisfaction.

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 12:19 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 24, 2019 1:01 PM in response to quavacado

Interesting, I'm going to guess it's all related. Contacted Apple Support the other day. They confirmed it's a known issue - problems with Apple Watch unlocking Macs. So, we wait for the engineers to roll out a fix. They way it sounded, the senior tier tech said they'd 'pile on' my issue. I'm guessing it's a pretty big issue and hopeful they'll release a fix soon.

Apple Watch does not unlock Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.