Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps wont Update

I recently changed the email address associated with my Apple ID and now apps will not update. I have tried deleting and reinstalling apps but then the next update requires the same action. Is there a fix?

iPhone XS

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 6:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 5:14 PM

For anyone else who stumbles upon this forum the above advice does not work. I spoke with Apple support and the call was escalated to the engineering level with no resolve. Sites like MacRumors and Reddit are reporting many people are experience these issues on iOS 13.2 and 13.3.

2 replies

Nov 18, 2019 5:06 PM in response to Magicgavin

Hello Magicgavin,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand from the information you provided that you changed your Apple ID email address and now you can't update apps; I'd like to help.

While the following resource is for if your change your Apple ID password, it provides some relevant troubleshooting steps to try for this issue:

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password

If you try these steps and still have issues, this article can help:

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or other Apple device

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Apps wont Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.