I cannot upgrade apps, because I cant get rid of a old email address when I try to sign into app store.

my email in settings is different than my app email, and I cannot get rid of the app email which is the wrong email address

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 8:12 AM

Hi anurseonthemove,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

You mentioned you wanted to get rid of the email in the App Store and you mentioned that the email in an app is wrong. Which email are you trying to remove? Are you trying to remove the email from the built-in Mail app or a third-party app?

If you're simply trying to remove an old Apple ID from Settings, you will need to sign out using the password for that Apple ID in Settings > your name. Scroll down and choose sign out and then sign in with the desired Apple ID. If this is a completely new Apple ID, your apps will be linked to the Apple ID that was used to download them.

If this doesn't answer your question, provide clarifying details to better understand what you're trying to remove.

Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2023 8:12 AM in response to anurseonthemove

Hi anurseonthemove,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

You mentioned you wanted to get rid of the email in the App Store and you mentioned that the email in an app is wrong. Which email are you trying to remove? Are you trying to remove the email from the built-in Mail app or a third-party app?

If you're simply trying to remove an old Apple ID from Settings, you will need to sign out using the password for that Apple ID in Settings > your name. Scroll down and choose sign out and then sign in with the desired Apple ID. If this is a completely new Apple ID, your apps will be linked to the Apple ID that was used to download them.

If this doesn't answer your question, provide clarifying details to better understand what you're trying to remove.

Regards.

I cannot upgrade apps, because I cant get rid of a old email address when I try to sign into app store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.