Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

16 inch 2019 MacBook Pro with Radeon Pro 5500M. Can't download Windows Support Software.

Can’t install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server.

is the error message I get every time I try to install Windows 10 via BootCamp on the new 16-inch 2019 MBP with i9 CPU and Radeon Pro 5500M GPU.

I did read somewhere that for new MBP models, the new drivers may not be available on Apple's update servers yet and that may explain what's happening. If this is the case though, is there any ETA as to when this will be resolved?

It seems I'm not the only one with this issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/dx33sh/problem_with_bootcamp_on_the_new_macbook_pro_16/

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 10:30 PM

15 replies

Nov 18, 2019 11:44 AM in response to damprag

Please contact support. I just got off the phone with them and they are unaware of the issue and state the behavior being seen is not right for the sw not being available. It should give an error later in the process vs right in the beginning.

More reports will put more eyes on the issue. I used chat to start, but mine was escalated to engineering after they looked at the details and see it's not easily resolved.

Nov 18, 2019 6:25 PM in response to David Weeks

I was on call with Apple support as well and got the word that the next update will likely resolve the issue. I'm assuming he meant 10.15.2 update? I don't think there's an official release date for 10.15.2 but if 10.14.1 and 10.14.2 release dates are any indication we should probably see it late November or early December.

Nov 19, 2019 3:24 PM in response to keith1777

Everything worked fine. Was able to install Windows 10 1903 with Boot Camp and the provided drivers from Apple. Activated and did all the latest updates. Should be good to go with any of the latest releases of Windows 10.

Only issue I had was finding an ISO that was accepted by Boot Camp. It kept complaining that the ISO I was using was not 64 bit even though it was. Had to go back to an older MSDN 1903 ISO to get it to work.

Dec 12, 2019 2:21 AM in response to damprag

Hey All,

I had the same problem. I got onto the Apple support chat line and we worked out a simple resolution by installing the drivers onto a USB (via bootcamp assistant) and then adding them after the windows 10 setup was completed - it worked a treat. I am getting a call back about a minor issue whereby wireless controllers interfere with Bluetooth headsets but that is about it.

All the best.

16 inch 2019 MacBook Pro with Radeon Pro 5500M. Can't download Windows Support Software.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.