Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BootCamp Can’t install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server

I'm trying to install Windows 10 on my Mac OS Version 10.15.6 (19G73) and every time Bootcamp reaches Downloading Windows Support Software... step it crashes with this Error

Can’t install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server.

I tried multiple things with no luck. I also tried going to Action > Download Windows Support Software but still ends up with the same result. Any idea how can I resolve the issue?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 12:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 1:44 AM

@gtiernan I just installed Windows successfully. I haven't been able to figure out what the issue is, but I kept trying and trying until it went through. Apparently a lot of people are facing this issue, but no response from Apple yet. I played a movie and kept trying for over 50 times and it passed. Just weird :/

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2020 1:44 AM in response to gtiernan

@gtiernan I just installed Windows successfully. I haven't been able to figure out what the issue is, but I kept trying and trying until it went through. Apparently a lot of people are facing this issue, but no response from Apple yet. I played a movie and kept trying for over 50 times and it passed. Just weird :/

BootCamp Can’t install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.