Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't load Windows 10 on Macbook Pro 16" 2019

I just bought a Macbook Pro 16", 32 Gb memory, 1 Tb SSD. All updates have been installed. I've downloaded the latest Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft. When I try to load using Boot Camp Assistant, I get a failure message "Can't install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update Server". Same message is given if I try to download the support software from the Action menu. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 8:45 AM

Similar questions

15 replies

Oct 18, 2020 11:50 AM in response to Loner T

So Brigadier was able to download a package named WindowsSupport.dmg that contains folders for $WinPEDriver$ and BootCamp. I conclude that the appropriate drivers exist, but Boot Camp Assistant is not able to find and download them from the Apple Server. So I guess I'm doomed to wait for Apple to fix this problem.

The singular reason I bought this computer for my wife was to allow her to have Windows 10 functionality to work remotely at home and a Mac computer for her to do photography when she retires in a year. I'm hoping Apple can fix this problem quickly, considering how much this machine cost.

Oct 19, 2020 4:54 AM in response to Rogerseb

Rogerseb wrote:

Same problem with Bootcamp.

I suspect the Apple CDN files are being updated.

Also can't download the update for Finder to connect to iPhone on a fresh install. Same error "Can't install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update Server".

I assume this is for the just announced models.

It's a global problem from Apple server's ?

Most likely, yes. Talk to Apple Technical Support. You may also want to check DownDetector. BTW, I am on the US East Coast.

Can't load Windows 10 on Macbook Pro 16" 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.