Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is MailBox behaviors in iOS 13?

I have my Mac Book Mail set to NEVER erase deleted messages for three email addresses. There used to be a setting in iOS mail similar to this. I can't find it? It seems like my trash folder is getting emptied across all of my devices?

iPhone 11

Posted on Nov 16, 2019 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 10:47 AM

Hey there BluesMan,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re trying to set up Trash to not empty the email automatically. You can change the behavior by following the steps below:

"Decide how long to keep deleted emails

You can set how long deleted emails stay in the Trash mailbox.

1. Go to Settings  > Passwords & Accounts.
  2. Tap your email account, tap Mail (below Advanced), then tap Advanced.
  3. In the Advanced settings, tap Remove, then select a time interval.

Note: Some email services might override your selection; for example, iCloud doesn’t keep deleted emails longer than 30 days, even if you select Never."

Delete and recover emails in Mail on iPhone

I hope this helps.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2019 10:47 AM in response to BluesMan

Hey there BluesMan,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re trying to set up Trash to not empty the email automatically. You can change the behavior by following the steps below:

"Decide how long to keep deleted emails

You can set how long deleted emails stay in the Trash mailbox.

1. Go to Settings  > Passwords & Accounts.
  2. Tap your email account, tap Mail (below Advanced), then tap Advanced.
  3. In the Advanced settings, tap Remove, then select a time interval.

Note: Some email services might override your selection; for example, iCloud doesn’t keep deleted emails longer than 30 days, even if you select Never."

Delete and recover emails in Mail on iPhone

I hope this helps.

Nov 19, 2019 5:13 PM in response to BluesMan

Hi BluesMan,

Thanks for going through all those steps. Go to Settings > Your Name > iCloud and scroll all the way to the bottom. Tap on Mail there and then Advanced. Let me know if you can make the changes there.

If you still have issues after that, reach out to Apple Support at the following link so they can continue to look into this with you:

Contact Apple Support 

Cheers 

Dec 19, 2019 9:06 AM in response to barberlives123

I have a slightly different twist on this issue. I recently noticed that Trash in iOS 13 does not empty automatically after one day (my selection in Settings). This occurs for all of my email accounts, not just iCloud. I can delete all old trashed messages manually but this is a tedious task for four accounts ON EVERY STINKING iOS DEVICE. Does anyone know why the time interval setting does not work for me anymore?

Where is MailBox behaviors in iOS 13?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.