Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trash Mailboxes

An issue with my Apple mail - don't know when it started, however it was recently.

The All Trash folder shows my trash. When I click on the arrow to show all the trash boxes under it, they are all empty. The trash email only shows up in the All Trash folder. But in my All Inboxes folder, I can select the individual email inboxes under it and see the emails that are in each.

The All Trash mailbox shows all the messages deleted from each account. I would like to get things back so that each account contained its own deleted messages.

Grateful for your help!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 8:08 AM

dogwood100 wrote:

An issue with my Apple mail - don't know when it started, however it was recently.

The All Trash folder shows my trash. When I click on the arrow to show all the trash boxes under it, they are all empty. The trash email only shows up in the All Trash folder. But in my All Inboxes folder, I can select the individual email inboxes under it and see the emails that are in each.

The All Trash mailbox shows all the messages deleted from each account. I would like to get things back so that each account contained its own deleted messages.

Grateful for your help!

If this is a problem—

I see you spin the carrot to reveal the individual accounts(?) and no resolve...

For problem accounts—deleting the account and adding it back in to resolve issues

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2021 8:08 AM in response to dogwood100

dogwood100 wrote:

Grateful for your help!

If this is a problem—

I see you spin the carrot to reveal the individual accounts(?) and no resolve...

For problem accounts—deleting the account and adding it back in to resolve issues

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Trash Mailboxes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.