Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV doesn't play iTunes

I am trying to play the music I have purchased through iTunes on my television, using Apple TV. When the Apple TV home page appears, I select "Music" / "Purchased". A list appears on the right half of the tv screen with topics starting with Shuffle Songs and including Music Videos, Artists, Albums, etc. When I select one of the categories, I see a list of the music that I have purchase. If I then select anything - an album, a song, or Shuffle, and then select Continue, the following message displays: "iTunes Store Password - Enter the password for [my Apple ID]. Using the Apple TV remote to select from the letters that are displayed on the tv screen I enter my password and then select Submit. Then on the TV screen the message says "No content was found." Almost simultaneously, my MacBook displays a dialog box showing that my Apple ID is being used to sign in to a new device. So I select Allow, and a verification code is displayed on my MacBook. But I don't see any place on the TV or on my MacBook to enter the verification code.

I have played music from my iTunes library in the past without any difficulty. However, I recently changed network providers, and had to reconfigure all my devices to connect to the new network. I have done this with Apple TV - it is connected to the network. I use it to watch Netflix and other channels. Only iTunes seems to be a problem.

Can anyone tell me how to correct this?

Apple TV (2nd gen)

Posted on Nov 16, 2019 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 12:20 PM

Hey there terrileetech,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re not seeing where to enter your two-factor verification code on your Apple TV 2nd Gen. I’ll be happy to help with this.

It looks like you’ll need to enter this code after your password. Take a look at this info - ‘If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.’ You can learn more about this in the following link:

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

Cheers.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2019 12:20 PM in response to terrileetech

Hey there terrileetech,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re not seeing where to enter your two-factor verification code on your Apple TV 2nd Gen. I’ll be happy to help with this.

It looks like you’ll need to enter this code after your password. Take a look at this info - ‘If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.’ You can learn more about this in the following link:

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

Cheers.

Apple TV doesn't play iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.