Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn on iPhone charging sound

Recently I have noticed that when I plug my iPhone 6s charging cable into the phone I don't get the immediate charging sound but the icon shows that it is charging. However, after two or three minutes I do then get that "ding" sound. Does anyone know why and how to fix it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s

Posted on Nov 17, 2019 6:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 4:41 PM

Hi there, eo314!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. I understand from your post that the charge connection chime is delayed on your iPhone 6s. Even though you connect it and see it is charging, the chime doesn't happen for several minutes. I'm happy to help!

Based on what you've described, I would recommend the following steps. Try them in order, testing between each to see if the issue is resolved. You may stop when it is:

1. Force close any open apps: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support and restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support.
  2. See if the occurs with another cable, and another power source. For example, if you're charging via USB on a computer, try plugging it into a wall outlet and vice versa. If you are using a wall outlet, try another adapter plug.
  3. Check for debris in the charging port and gently remove any you find: Cleaning your iPhone - Apple Support.

Have a good day.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2019 4:41 PM in response to eo314

Hi there, eo314!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. I understand from your post that the charge connection chime is delayed on your iPhone 6s. Even though you connect it and see it is charging, the chime doesn't happen for several minutes. I'm happy to help!

Based on what you've described, I would recommend the following steps. Try them in order, testing between each to see if the issue is resolved. You may stop when it is:

1. Force close any open apps: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support and restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support.
  2. See if the occurs with another cable, and another power source. For example, if you're charging via USB on a computer, try plugging it into a wall outlet and vice versa. If you are using a wall outlet, try another adapter plug.
  3. Check for debris in the charging port and gently remove any you find: Cleaning your iPhone - Apple Support.

Have a good day.

Nov 27, 2019 4:07 AM in response to raina_b22

I originally had the iPhone charging cable plugged directly in to a USB slot of a wall plug adapter and that caused the delayed chime. I got the original small USB power adapter that came with the iPhone and plugged the charging cable in to it and used a dedicated wall outlet. Problem solved. Many thanks for your response!

Turn on iPhone charging sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.