Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two albums with the same name

I have two albums with the same name, Killing Joke. Both are by Killing Joke, but because the album has the same name and artist, iTunes compiles them together to make one album instead of two. Any way to fix this? It's annoying if I want to listen to just one of the albums without hearing the other.

Posted on Nov 17, 2019 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2019 6:45 AM

Whilst it is common to for example have multiple 'Greatest Hits' albums these would typically be from different artists. This is a more unusual situation.

I can think of two relatively easy workarounds.

1. On one of them add a space to the end of the album name
  2. or, on one of them mark it as a 'compilation' album even if it isn't

In both cases you need to do this on all the tracks of that album but obviously not on the tracks of the second one.

Either should result in iTunes storing it in a different folder and hence keeping them separate.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2019 6:45 AM in response to _connor

Whilst it is common to for example have multiple 'Greatest Hits' albums these would typically be from different artists. This is a more unusual situation.

I can think of two relatively easy workarounds.

1. On one of them add a space to the end of the album name
  2. or, on one of them mark it as a 'compilation' album even if it isn't

In both cases you need to do this on all the tracks of that album but obviously not on the tracks of the second one.

Either should result in iTunes storing it in a different folder and hence keeping them separate.

Two albums with the same name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.