Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got an email about an unauthorized sign in to my iCloud. How do I now if it is this real?

I got an email stating that my “account was recently used to sign in to iCloud on an Microsoft Edge from Turkmenistan - More Information Update‌s Re‌quire‌d” how do I know if this person gained access to my iCloud or if it is someone trying to get my iCloud information?

Posted on Nov 17, 2019 8:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2019 8:40 PM

Did the e-mail addresses you with your Full Name?

If the e-mail addresses you with Dear Customer, Dear Client, Dear your-email-address, Dear Apple User,

or something similar, it's 100% scam.

Apple got all your details on File and will always address you with Your Full Name.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2019 8:40 PM in response to A-ny9

Did the e-mail addresses you with your Full Name?

If the e-mail addresses you with Dear Customer, Dear Client, Dear your-email-address, Dear Apple User,

or something similar, it's 100% scam.

Apple got all your details on File and will always address you with Your Full Name.

Nov 20, 2019 7:27 PM in response to eect

Hi,

Well since the first reply said that apple emails should address me with my full name, I compared the scam-email to previous emails that I knew were from apple like purchase receipts emails, and confirm the differences.

Also I found out that when you sing in to your iCloud you need a verification code from your other apple devices and since I did not get anything similar I just asume it was a scam.

I got an email about an unauthorized sign in to my iCloud. How do I now if it is this real?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.