Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email saying my Apple ID was used to sign in to iCloud

i have had a lot of emails saying the following....

Your Apple ID (...........ross@ ........co.uk) was used to sign in to iCloud via a web browser.

Date and Time: May 5, 2021, 4:48 AM PDT

Browser: IE

Operating System: Windows

If the information above looks familiar, you can ignore this message.

If you have not signed in to iCloud recently and believe someone may have accessed your account, go to Apple ID (https://appleid.apple.com) and change your password as soon as possible.

i never had an Apple account before so is this a scam or is someone hacking my email address?

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on May 5, 2021 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2021 9:35 AM

This message would be part of two factor authentication for an Apple ID. In this case, someone on a Windows-based PC tried entering Apple ID credentials in the Internet Explorer browser.

If you never created an Apple ID account, then this would be a SCAM. There would be no need for you to visit the Apple site indicated in the link. However, someone did get a hold of your email address (not uncommon these days) and are trying to lure you into providing additional information. Typically how scams work.

Ref: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2021 9:35 AM in response to linton80

This message would be part of two factor authentication for an Apple ID. In this case, someone on a Windows-based PC tried entering Apple ID credentials in the Internet Explorer browser.

If you never created an Apple ID account, then this would be a SCAM. There would be no need for you to visit the Apple site indicated in the link. However, someone did get a hold of your email address (not uncommon these days) and are trying to lure you into providing additional information. Typically how scams work.

Ref: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

May 5, 2021 9:51 AM in response to linton80

Per chance did you try entering your newly created Apple ID credentials (username & password) in the Internet Explorer browser on a Windows PC? If so, then this is what would appear on one of your trusted devices to let you know a log in attempt was made with that ID. A trusted device is one you used to create the ID and enable two factor authentication with.

Ref:

Email saying my Apple ID was used to sign in to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.