Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you remove the maybe on iPhone

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 17, 2019 11:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 5:04 PM

Hey there kk297,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you may be seeing contacts show up as Maybe: “contact name” when receiving a call. I’ll be happy to help with this.

Go to Settings > Siri & Search > Contacts on your iPhone. Is Show Siri Suggestions for Contacts and Learn from this App enabled? If so, turn these off and see if the issue is resolved.

Also, I’m not sure what iOS version you have installed on your iPhone but there was an update released that included a fix for a similar sounding issue in one of the recent releases: 

About iOS 13 Updates

If you haven’t already, back up and update your iPhone using the steps in these links:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let me know if this helps of if that's not the issue.

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2019 5:04 PM in response to kk297

Hey there kk297,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you may be seeing contacts show up as Maybe: “contact name” when receiving a call. I’ll be happy to help with this.

Go to Settings > Siri & Search > Contacts on your iPhone. Is Show Siri Suggestions for Contacts and Learn from this App enabled? If so, turn these off and see if the issue is resolved.

Also, I’m not sure what iOS version you have installed on your iPhone but there was an update released that included a fix for a similar sounding issue in one of the recent releases: 

About iOS 13 Updates

If you haven’t already, back up and update your iPhone using the steps in these links:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let me know if this helps of if that's not the issue.

Cheers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.