How can I get unknown part messages off settings menu?

How do I get rid of unknown part message off iPhone settings menu after a new battery is installed not from Apple?

iPhone SE, 16

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 8:15 AM

The way to get the message off the phone is install the correct battery in the phone. Otherwise, the message will probably always remain.

If you are lucky, you might still be able to check the Battery Health. Settings > Battery > Battery Health > Maximum Capacity. In many cases when the wrong battery is installed, the Battery Health settings disappear.

Unfortunately, since the phone has been tampered with, Apple will likely refuse to even look at the phone if you take it to them.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2023 8:15 AM in response to Josephtheworker1

The way to get the message off the phone is install the correct battery in the phone. Otherwise, the message will probably always remain.

If you are lucky, you might still be able to check the Battery Health. Settings > Battery > Battery Health > Maximum Capacity. In many cases when the wrong battery is installed, the Battery Health settings disappear.

Unfortunately, since the phone has been tampered with, Apple will likely refuse to even look at the phone if you take it to them.

How can I get unknown part messages off settings menu?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.