Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I manage books in icloud via the web or a windows 10 computer? (PDFs, etc...)

I have a large volume of pdfs and other documents I want to store in the cloud and read on my iPad. How can I manage my iCloud book library via the iCloud web interface or a Windows machine?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2019 9:01 AM

Hey there david hopkins1,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you have a large amount of PDF and other documents you want to read on your iPad and sync via iCloud. I’ll be happy to help with this.

With iCloud for Windows, you could add your PDF and other documents to iCloud using iCloud Drive. Take a look at the following article for more info on this.

Work with files and folders in iCloud for Windows

Once you have your files there, you can use an app like Books to view your PDF files:

Save and mark up PDFs on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Books app

If you don’t have Windows for iCloud set up already, this link can help you do that:

Download iCloud for Windows

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2019 9:01 AM in response to david hopkins1

Hey there david hopkins1,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you have a large amount of PDF and other documents you want to read on your iPad and sync via iCloud. I’ll be happy to help with this.

With iCloud for Windows, you could add your PDF and other documents to iCloud using iCloud Drive. Take a look at the following article for more info on this.

Work with files and folders in iCloud for Windows

Once you have your files there, you can use an app like Books to view your PDF files:

Save and mark up PDFs on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Books app

If you don’t have Windows for iCloud set up already, this link can help you do that:

Download iCloud for Windows

Cheers.

Nov 26, 2019 6:30 AM in response to i_rina

Thanks, this was very helpful. While I had the PDFs uploaded as files in iCloud. I had not seen a way to open them in iBooks on an iOS device.

1. Select PDF(s)
  2. Choose 'open in iBooks' from sharing menu.
  3. PDFs appear in iBooks

After opening in iBooks on one device, they appear to sync properly across all my other iOS devices. Suppose I can then delete them from the iCloud files as they appear to be in iBooks storage now as well but haven't yet.

How do I manage books in icloud via the web or a windows 10 computer? (PDFs, etc...)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.