Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I Convert Clips To A Different Frame Rate For Slow Motion? - Without Slowing Them Down In The Editor...

On Adobe Premier Pro there is an option to convert the frame rate of a clip... For example if I shot at clip at 60fps, I can convert it to 24fps to make it buttery smooth slow motion...

How do I do the same in Final Cut Pro, please?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 9:58 AM

It is in the Modify menu.

Similar questions

9 replies

Nov 18, 2019 2:10 PM in response to Ningiszida

I’m not exactly sure what you mean.

If you use Automatic Speed what happens is that every frame of the clip will be played in the project. Clips themselves are never converted. FCP X is a nondestructive NLE (as are all modern NLE). Original clips are never “converted”. Your original clip will still be the same as it was captured.

For example, say your clip is 1 second long, at 60fps. Your clip then has 60 frames.

If you add the clip to a 24fps project and choose Automatic Speedball the 60 frames will be used, and the timeline will then be 2.5 seconds long (2.5 seconds times 24 frames per second). This visually results in “playing your clip in slow motion”. If you want to “convert” your clip, just export this project.

How Do I Convert Clips To A Different Frame Rate For Slow Motion? - Without Slowing Them Down In The Editor...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.