Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Intermittent Internet Connection Failure

I am having a really hard time troubleshooting a very strange internet connectivity issue with my MacBook Pro (running Mojave 10.14.6).

My internet works well for the majority of the day. Then it suddenly stops loading any website EXCEPT for google. I can google anything and it will load results. If I try to click on those results, safari's loading bar will make it approximately 25% or 50% of the way through and then never load the webpage. The same failure occurs when I try to visit any other website. I have iMessage linked to my phone and that does not update either.

When this happens, our iPhones still work perfectly well on the wifi. As does our windows desktop.

I've tried resetting my modem/router. I've tried turning wifi on and off, nothing has helped.

Any troubleshooting ideas? Looking for anything that can help. Thanks in advance

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 1:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 2:55 PM

Please determine if the same problems occur in "Safe Mode": Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac.

2 replies

Intermittent Internet Connection Failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.