Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch cannot update or pair

Apple Watch series 3 has been factory reset and it will not pair to any iPhone. Can start to pair manually or through the camera animation, once it verifies the software it says it must update to continue pairing. Trying to update gives the below error consistently. As stated before the watch is factory reset, cannot be used unless it’s paired; phone is fully updated and connected to a solid Wifi source. Both devices are fully charged. Have tried hard resetting the phone (tried multiple phones and reset them all), resetting the phones network settings, on and off WiFi, deleting and reinstalling the Watch app, etc. We have tried literally everything all the forums have suggested. Posting in hopes there has been something we missed

Apple Watch

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 9:23 AM

Wanted to let both the people in this thread and whoever else has the same issue: it worked by connecting to a new WiFi source. I have google fiber at my house, so it’s fast and solid but that still didn’t work. I think it’s a DNS error or something. Try going to a friends house or a coffee shop and do it there.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2019 9:23 AM in response to TylerHartless

Wanted to let both the people in this thread and whoever else has the same issue: it worked by connecting to a new WiFi source. I have google fiber at my house, so it’s fast and solid but that still didn’t work. I think it’s a DNS error or something. Try going to a friends house or a coffee shop and do it there.

Apple Watch cannot update or pair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.