Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I listen to a sample track on Music

I have read that I need to go to iTunes Store. If I click on 'iTunes store' on the left in Music then enter an artist in the search box it shows the artist / albums / tracks but when I try to play a track the 'Apple Music Get 3 months free' pops up. If I click 'Not now' that disappears but reappears if I try and play a track. I have searched the App Store for 'iTunes Store'; nothing comes up. How do I listen to a sample of a track?

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2019 5:58 AM

Hi BJSnelson,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand you'd like to preview music content in the iTunes Store prior to making a purchase. I can help point you in the right direction.

I recommend following the steps outlined here: Buy or download music from the iTunes Store in Music on Mac You'll want to specifically follow the section that says, "Buy or download an individual item." An option to select the Preview button is available in the iTunes Store through the Music app, so that you an hear a sample of the track.

Kind regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2019 5:58 AM in response to BJSnelson

Hi BJSnelson,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand you'd like to preview music content in the iTunes Store prior to making a purchase. I can help point you in the right direction.

I recommend following the steps outlined here: Buy or download music from the iTunes Store in Music on Mac You'll want to specifically follow the section that says, "Buy or download an individual item." An option to select the Preview button is available in the iTunes Store through the Music app, so that you an hear a sample of the track.

Kind regards.

How do I listen to a sample track on Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.