Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Card denied at online Apple Store

I ordered the new MacBook Pro 16" and used my Apple Card to pay for it. Today I got a message that there was a problem with my card. I went into my wallet and see that I have $19,900+ of available credit. The purchase was $4335. So I re-entered my card info just to make sure and submitted. It registered as a change but still said "Awaiting payment"

Called support at Goldman Sachs. After several attempts, a new card number, and several more attempts, they gave up. "Are you getting a notification on your phone to authorize the purchase?" Nope. Getting Apple Card notifications, but nothing asking for authorization. After several more attempts, I was put on a long hold. "I'm sorry, I can't override this and authorize it. You won't like this but you don't have enough credit history with us." He was super apologetic but basically said, nothing we can do.

So then I tried to pay in advance by transferring $4400 to my account, but that isn't possible because there is no payment due. Really? Apparently Apple knows best. No sale. I'm out 3%, or $121 if I give up.

Either notifications aren't working or Goldman Sachs is messed up.

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 7:01 AM

Goldman Sachs was messed up. Fixed now. An hour burned but worth it for the $121 cash back.

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple Card denied at online Apple Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.