Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App store don't update the apps

Hi,

from a couple of weeks app store doesn't show me apps to update ( i know that there are at least 2 available updates). I tried to sign out and sign in, delete app store pref and cache but no result. When I click on my account in the low left corner the page show me some apps with the cloud/arrow symbol o download but I already have these apps on my hd, f.i. pages and numbers?!

Any suggestion?

tnx

Gianni

macOS mojave mbp 15

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2019 8:05 AM

Hi korall,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand you were able to confirm that there are two apps available for an update but you're unable to update the apps in the App Store. I'll be happy to help.

I recommend restarting your Mac in safe mode to see if you can view and update the apps in the App Store. Here's a helpful article on how to restart your Mac in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

If that doesn't help, I would research the apps in the App Store to review and see if the apps are compatible with macOS Mojave. This will help determine if the app needs to be on macOS Catalina. If so, you can check and see if you can update to macOS Catalina by following the steps outlined here: How to upgrade to macOS Catalina

Best regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2019 8:05 AM in response to korall

Hi korall,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand you were able to confirm that there are two apps available for an update but you're unable to update the apps in the App Store. I'll be happy to help.

I recommend restarting your Mac in safe mode to see if you can view and update the apps in the App Store. Here's a helpful article on how to restart your Mac in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

If that doesn't help, I would research the apps in the App Store to review and see if the apps are compatible with macOS Mojave. This will help determine if the app needs to be on macOS Catalina. If so, you can check and see if you can update to macOS Catalina by following the steps outlined here: How to upgrade to macOS Catalina

Best regards.

Nov 22, 2019 9:11 AM in response to Teddy_B

Hi and tnx for the answer! Yesterday I spoke with Apple Support fo about an hour, they told me to try to do many things included your suggestions but I didn't solve the issue, al last I downloaded again the 2 apps (pages and shazam both compatible with mojave) that I wasn't able to update. Now there are no apps with the cloud/arrow symbol but I have to wait the next updates to see if the problem has been solved for good! No I don't want update to catalina: I got too many 32 bit apps that I use daily.

thanks

br

App store don't update the apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.