Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update the App Store itself on a MacBook Pro?

How do I update the App Store itself on a MacBook Pro (bought new 2020)? The App Store displays a limited number of apps (~ 50 total). When I search for apps I know exist (and are mac-friendly), they don't show up. No filters are on and OS is updated. Suggestions?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 7, 2021 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2021 3:06 PM

The App Store app cannot be updated as it is part of macOS and is updated when macOS is updated. The current version is macOS 11.3.1, your profile only says 11.3.

Apps are limited by the developer as to which countries their app is available from the App Store. If you are searching for an app in another country, it may not be offered in your coun ty's App Store.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.3.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.4.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.5.1; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.5.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.5.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.5  HomePods, audioOS 14.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2021 3:06 PM in response to Outdoorsy_Soul

The App Store app cannot be updated as it is part of macOS and is updated when macOS is updated. The current version is macOS 11.3.1, your profile only says 11.3.

Apps are limited by the developer as to which countries their app is available from the App Store. If you are searching for an app in another country, it may not be offered in your coun ty's App Store.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.3.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.4.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.5.1; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.5.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.5.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.5  HomePods, audioOS 14.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

How do I update the App Store itself on a MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.