Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic keeps crashing my computer

MacBook Pro 15" 2015

Catalina 10.15.1

Logic Pro X 10.4.7

If I open logic and start working, within less than a minute my computer freezes up, then restarts with the message "your computer has run into a problem an had to be restarted" -> kernel panic. I didn't update either the app or OS recently. It was working fine this morning. Nothing else seems to crash the computer, and the hardware is fine, as I had it checked by support two months ago. What could be causing this?

Regards

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 9:48 AM

Similar questions

10 replies

Dec 2, 2019 8:09 PM in response to Mixterio

I am having the same problem. Apple hasn't uttered a word about it either. Their own proprietary "Professional" software doesn't even work with their new IOS and it has been 2 months since launch. They need to understand that this is affecting peoples jobs. About 5 minutes into every session my entire computer crashed and makes me re-mount all my external drives, re-setup my bluetooth devices and re-setup my wifi. This is such a janky OS and they seem to not even care because they have yet to even publicly acknowledge that this is an issue.

Dec 3, 2019 1:46 AM in response to samohtnadroj

samohtnadroj wrote:

They need to understand that this is affecting peoples jobs.

If you rely on logic and your Mac for your income, you need a better back up and update strategy. It is not sensible to auto update and always take the latest app update particularly if your platform is currently stable. Most pro users I know have not updated to Catalina and most are still on earlier than 10.4.4.

Dec 3, 2019 2:20 AM in response to Iaamusic

What Iaamusic and the others said, with a small amendment: the combination of 10.4.4 (so not earlier than 10.4.4, but up to 10.4.4) and Sierra (10.12.6) seems stable - 10.4.7 and Catalina do not. High Sierra (10.13.6) and 10.4.4 also appears to be stable (each combi of Logic and OS do still have their own bugs, so mileage may vary).

It would be nice if other users could chime in, as it now seems that even 10.4.7 and Mojave (10.14.6) is OK after initial troubles. So whatever you do: forget Catalina for now, choose either Sierra with 10.4.4, or, if you have to, Mojave and 10.4.7. Catalina and 10.4.7 is still the biggest no no at this point in time. Hopefully new updates of either Logic and Catalina or both will clear up the worst issues.

In general it is best to finish projects in the same combi of OS and Logic they have been started with.

Disable auto updates.

repeat:|

Disable auto updates.

And back up your entire system before updating.

Logic keeps crashing my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.