Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing primary email of my Apple ID, but the old one still appears

I’ve changed the email address of my Apple ID and deleted the old one.

Though I was able to change the email for each service by logging out and logging in again with the new email, when I go to Settings my old email address still appears at the top.

Moreover, if I select “Sign in with Apple” on some Apps, the old email address appears.

If I log out in order to log in with the new email, the device says all the data will be erased from the device.

But the account is the same: how can I change email address without deleting everything?

I know all the data stays on iCloud, but I prefer not to download all again, as I have large files stored on my device from iCloud.

Thank you!

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 10:12 AM

Click on the link and read it to learn "What to do after [or before] you change your Apple ID [email address] or password" --> https://support.apple.com/HT204071 - "After you change your Apple ID email address or password, you might need to update your sign-in information with any Apple services you're using." - Or if you're seeing persistent disabled messages or repeated requests for the password to your previous Apple ID. You may also wish to turn off "Find My" before changing information and turn it on again afterward.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2019 10:12 AM in response to IvanPsy

Click on the link and read it to learn "What to do after [or before] you change your Apple ID [email address] or password" --> https://support.apple.com/HT204071 - "After you change your Apple ID email address or password, you might need to update your sign-in information with any Apple services you're using." - Or if you're seeing persistent disabled messages or repeated requests for the password to your previous Apple ID. You may also wish to turn off "Find My" before changing information and turn it on again afterward.

Nov 19, 2019 10:12 AM in response to IvanPsy

Clarification question - did you do a name change on your existing Apple ID or create a new Apple ID?

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device

If necessary

Hard reset

Do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from your backup.

Restore to Factory setting

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

Changing primary email of my Apple ID, but the old one still appears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.