Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What can I do, my Macbook Air 2012 fan is noisy and loud all the time?

I've read the fixes and tried them but it is still loud. The laptop is not running hot. Nothing but firefox is running but it happens with Chrome and Safari as well. No streaming and nothing running in the background.

MacBook Air 11", OS X 10.10

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2019 3:39 AM in response to kaz-k

Thank you. I've tried the SMC several times. he problem has been going on for about 7 weeks or so. I ran diagnostics and this is the error code 4MOT/4/40000002 Exhaust 3096. Is this the fan? Is it feasible to have it repaired or should I purchase another Macbook Air? While not related to the original question, I've been shopping the prices and the new Macbook Air with the same memory as this one (I can't afford more) is actually running an Intel i5 at 1.6 ghz.... which is slower than my mid 2012

What can I do, my Macbook Air 2012 fan is noisy and loud all the time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.