Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps won’t install on Apple Watch series 4

Does anyone know why apps won’t install on my Apple Watch? Certain apps (Spotify, Facebook messenger, weather app, etc.) are shown on my watch, but don’t work when I select them. When I go to the Apple Watch app on my phone & scroll down to the bottom, it gives me the option to install these apps. However, when I select install, it never works.

(refer to photo)

I’ve turned both my watch & phone off but that didn’t help. Does anyone have a solution?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 6

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 7:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2019 4:55 PM

Hello Laur_,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble installing apps on your Apple Watch. I’m happy to help.

To start, make sure both your iPhone and Apple Watch are running the latest software versions:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If that doesn’t help, I suggest unpairing your Apple Watch and then setting it up again. As long as you’re signed into iCloud, your Apple Watch will automatically be backed up when you unpair it.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Have a great day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2019 4:55 PM in response to Laur_

Hello Laur_,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble installing apps on your Apple Watch. I’m happy to help.

To start, make sure both your iPhone and Apple Watch are running the latest software versions:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If that doesn’t help, I suggest unpairing your Apple Watch and then setting it up again. As long as you’re signed into iCloud, your Apple Watch will automatically be backed up when you unpair it.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Have a great day.

Apps won’t install on Apple Watch series 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.