Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps won’t install on Apple watch

When I go to my list of available apps and click install, they just keep spinning, and never install. I have tried restarting phone and watch, but no improvement......please help!

Apple Watch Series 1, watchOS 6

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 11:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 12:02 PM

We appreciate the update, Millie-jake-!

From here, we'd recommend that you go ahead and unpair the Apple Watch from the iPhone and then pair it again. When you unpair, the data will be erased from your Apple Watch, but a backup is also created when unpairing. If you'd prefer to manually back up your Apple Watch, you can do so using: Back up your Apple Watch

Once complete, you can follow these steps to unpair your Apple Watch: Unpair your Apple Watch and iPhone After unpairing, you can pair and set it up again: Set up your Apple Watch

Let us know how that goes. We look forward to hearing from you!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2020 12:02 PM in response to Millie-jake-

We appreciate the update, Millie-jake-!

From here, we'd recommend that you go ahead and unpair the Apple Watch from the iPhone and then pair it again. When you unpair, the data will be erased from your Apple Watch, but a backup is also created when unpairing. If you'd prefer to manually back up your Apple Watch, you can do so using: Back up your Apple Watch

Once complete, you can follow these steps to unpair your Apple Watch: Unpair your Apple Watch and iPhone After unpairing, you can pair and set it up again: Set up your Apple Watch

Let us know how that goes. We look forward to hearing from you!

Jun 15, 2020 5:38 PM in response to Millie-jake-

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Millie-jake-!

From my understanding, when you try to install apps on your Apple Watch, they spin, but do not install. I’d be happy to help!

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or other Apple device - Apple Support has some great steps that can help to resolve this for you.

If this doesn’t resolve it for you, let us know the following: 

1. Are you able to install apps on your other devices?
  2. Do you receive an error message?
  3. Does this happen with all apps, or specific ones?

Have a great day!

Apps won’t install on Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.