You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Apple Music Plan- Iphone 7?

I currently have regular apple music but am wanting to switch to the family plan. One of the members in the family still has an iphone 7, though. Will the family plan still work with an iphone 7?

Also, will my current library be erased when i switch to the family plan?

Lastly, we each have our own right? like we aren't all downloading and sharing the same songs?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 8:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 9:07 AM

Yes. Apple Music works on an iPhone 7 just fine.

No, your library will not be erased. Make sure you do not manually cancel your individual plan. Juts change it to the Family Plan directly in your Apple ID settings. See here:

Each person in a Family Group gets there own music library, and they are not mixed, no.

See here for more: Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 20, 2019 9:07 AM in response to kailey224

Yes. Apple Music works on an iPhone 7 just fine.

No, your library will not be erased. Make sure you do not manually cancel your individual plan. Juts change it to the Family Plan directly in your Apple ID settings. See here:

Each person in a Family Group gets there own music library, and they are not mixed, no.

See here for more: Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

Family Apple Music Plan- Iphone 7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.